BlenderNEURON is a software tool that enables to use Blender, an open-source high-performance 3D modeling tool to visualize and edit models built with NEURON simulator.
- NEURON models can be in any format (HOC or Python)
- Cell/Network morphology inspection
- Membrane potential (or any other membrane variable) visualization over time
- Replay, step-through, scrubbing through simulation output
- Adjustable level of detail (supports single cell or large network models)
- Render as static images or video files
- Blender files can be uploaded and shared on Sketchfab
- Python API to automate any task
Projects Using BlenderNEURON¶
The tool consists of two parts:
- The Python library, which runs inside NEURON
- The Blender Addon, which runs inside Blender
These two parts exchange information and allow importing/exporting models between NEURON and Blender.